The 7 Portes Collection of Historical Recipes of Catalan Cuisine was designed and led and sponsored by our company since 2013, we have the support and co-financing of the “la Caixa” Foundation, key to its impetus and consolidation. The main objective of the Collection is to become the reference collection on history gastronomy of Catalonia, fixing the most outstanding manuscripts of each era and moment historical, and bequeathing to future generations gastronomic knowledge as an inseparable part of the history of the country
More specifically, we work to:
- To become the reference collection of the long Catalan culinary tradition
- Bequeath the knowledge to future generations of chefs, gourmets and the public in general historic in terms of the country's gastronomy.
- Fix the most outstanding manuscripts of each era and historical moment, so that an uninterrupted line of progress and knowledge can be traced gastronomic
- To bear witness to how the history of cuisine is linked to the history of the country.
We disseminate the history of gastronomy and Catalan cuisine, one of the cuisines important in the world, based on the study, critical analysis and the publication of their recipes
more significant, to help spread the search for the roots of culture Catalan gastronomy and the foundation of its capacity for innovation. A research that shows the evolution that Catalan cuisine has experienced throughout these seven centuries and aims to make texts with scientific rigor available to everyone.
We like to define the Collection as:
- Rigorous: with an investigation and restitution process behind it.
- Unique: there is no other collection that has as its main focus the will to explain the history of our gastronomy, dating back to the Middle Ages.
- Valuable: recover manuscripts often lost and some unpublished, to make them available to the general public and pass them on to new generations.
- Modern and accessible: the introductory texts accompany the current reader to help to understand the historical and cultural context.
- Curious: it's not a recipe book or a history book, but it lets you know more cuisine and history intertwined.